Whether you’re searching for a weeklong vacation, a work-from-home destination, or a weekend reprieve, Saluda is the perfect escape! With plenty of outdoor exploration, tranquil lodging, and delicious dining, you’ll want to keep coming back every year. Ready to plan your Raleigh, NC to Saluda, NC getaway? Explore your travel options and a few of our favorite things below.
Don’t forget to grab your FREE WNC Vacation Guide! It’s filled with our favorite restaurants, stores, and activities in Saluda and its surrounding areas.
Driving to Saluda 🚗
4 hr (255.6 mi) via I-85 S | Directions
If you don’t mind a drive, Saluda is just a short drive from Raleigh, NC! Want to add to the experience? Stop in Charlotte for lunch and/or shopping. We recommend eating at The Cowfish – Sushi Burger Bar. It has the best of both worlds, so seafood and meat lovers will both be satisfied. It’s also located next to the Village at SouthPark, which boasts stores like Lululemon, Belk, Nordstrom, and more!
Flying to Saluda ✈️
Flights Raleigh to Asheville
If you have some frequent flyer miles to burn, flying to Saluda is also an option. Flights from Raleigh drop you into the middle of the action in Asheville, which is perfect if you want to hit both during your getaway. From Asheville, Saluda is only about 40 min away! So rent a car and enjoy the scenic drive to your Inn accommodations.
Things to Do in Saluda
Here are a few of our favorite things to do in Saluda, NC! Visit our Things to Do page to see more.
Reset in Nature
- Go on the excursion of a lifetime with Green River Adventures
- Hike through the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center
- Visit one of our favorite state parks
- Go horseback riding
- Seek some thrills mountain biking
- See the most breathtaking waterfalls
- Take a walk at our on-site nature trail
View this post on Instagram
Get Away from the Stresses of Everyday Life
- Take a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Indulge in your passion for photography
- Sit on our porch swing and read a book outside
- Take a yoga class with a view of our new spa
Enjoy the City of Asheville
- Enjoy nature at the Asheville Botanical Gardens
- Visit the historic Biltmore House
- Dine at the best restaurants in Asheville
- Head to one of the many breweries in Asheville
View this post on Instagram
Explore Our Culinary & Beverage Offerings
- Indulge in a farm-to-table dinner at Newman’s Restaurant
- Try one of our favorite restaurants
- Explore the vineyards of Western North Carolina on the Our Carolina Foothills Wine Trail
- Try some local hard cider
Stay with the Best
Orchard Inn Lodging
Enjoy the beauty of Saluda with our WNC accommodations. Our Inn offers stunning views, tranquil spaces, and gourmet breakfast. Choose from our cozy inn rooms, private mountain cottages, and mountainview suites. From romantic getaways to family vacations, we have the accommodations for everyone!