February breathes in a fresh air of romance. Celebrate love with your sweetheart by planning the most romantic Valentine’s Day getaway in Western NC this year. The holiday comes just once a year, so don’t let it pass you by. At the Orchard Inn, we believe it’s important to take time to appreciate nature, and of course, each other. Read on for some thoughtful, local insight on planning a romantic retreat in the heart of the North Carolina mountains.
5 of the Most Romantic Ideas for Your Valentine’s Day Getaway in Western NC
1. Reset Amidst Stunning Natural Scenery
Getting lost in nature while you’re in the mountains is easily one of the most romantic things to do. Leave your phones behind and take in the breathtaking beauty of towering, snow-capped mountains, lush forests, and fascinating wildlife.
2. Explore Exciting Attractions in the Area
If you and your partner enjoy shopping, history, adventure, and more, then you’re in luck. WNC is home to an exciting array of attractions ranging from historic mansions and artsy boutiques to thrilling outdoor activities and stunning nature trails. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in the area:
- Get your thrills with Green River Adventures
- Grab a bite to eat at an Asheville food truck
- Spend time at the Biltmore Estate
- Go shopping in Asheville
- Stretch your legs on the best mountain biking trails
- Try horseback riding in the mountains
- Visit some of the best wine bars in Asheville
- & so much more!
3. Enhance Your Stay With a Personalized Romance Package
We like to run a variety of packages, specials, and dinners throughout the year. Our specials change with the seasons, so be sure to check back often to see what we’re offering. One of our most popular packages (that is almost always available) is our Romance Package, which includes:
- Two weekend nights in the Holly Cottage
- Dinner for two at our fine dining restaurant, Newman’s
- Bottle of French Champagne
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- & a couples massage
4. Enjoy Dining on the Outdoor Terrace at Newman’s Restaurant
Not only do you get a delicious breakfast each morning when you stay at The Orchard Inn, but you also have access to our on-site restaurant, Newman’s. Enjoy the finest and freshest offerings on this side of the Blue Ridge Mountains with our creative, farm-to-table menu, which features seasonal ingredients. We have recently expanded our seating to include a gorgeous outdoor terrace that looks out over the mountains. The sunsets from this vantage point are truly breathtaking.
5. Stay in Romantic Accommodations at The Orchard Inn
Are you ready to plan the ultimate Valentine’s Day getaway in Western North Carolina? Then, it’s time to book your stay with us! What’s more romantic than waking up with the love of your life in charming accommodations overlooking the mountains? Choose a bed and breakfast room, cozy cottage, or a luxurious suite, then begin planning your romantic mountain retreat. Rest assured that you and your sweetheart will leave here feeling relaxed and closer than ever when you stay with us. Check our availability and book your stay today!