When you are planning your next trip anywhere, the first thing we all think about is activities. Sometimes, those are already planned as the reason we are going to said place is for a certain activity or may be a family event. For those of us who have been to the Western North Carolina mountains several times, and enjoy being in the outdoors, let us at Orchard Inn help you by suggestion a very fun activity, gem mining.
Being in the mountains, there are so many great opportunities to go gem mining in NC that picking a place to go can be a bit daunting. Let us help you choose a place to go gem mining in NC that is not only great for your trip but convenient too!
Learn about all the other things to do and see in Western North Carolina when you access a copy of our complimentary Vacation Guide!
Gem Mining in NC Between Saluda and Asheville
- Elijah Mountain Gem Mine– With high ratings online, it’s easy to see why so many people would choose them for their gem mining experience. They have buckets of all prices and sizes as well as a family package for those with kids. They don’t have just gems but fossils, gold, and more as well!
- Pisgah Forest Gem Mining– If you have a group of people going gem mining in NC, then this one would be a great choice. They have indoor and outdoor options as well as specialty events like black light mining.
- Crystal Mountain Gem Mining– This one is located in the heart of downtown Brevard and is a great stop during a fun day of exploring that area. Here, like many others, they offer rubies, sapphires, and emeralds that you could potentially find. While you are there, consider having your gems cut for you by their master stone cutter.
- Chimney Rock Gemstone Mine- If you are looking for a great combo of gem mining and exploring the area where they come from then be sure to go here and then to Chimney Rock Park. Some of the rocks you can find there are Aquamarine, Emerald, Ruby, Garnet, Peridot, Quartz, Agate, Hematite, Amethyst, Sodalite, and more. Be sure to check out their bucket prices!
Gem Mining in NC Near Asheville
- Asheville Biltmore Gem Mine– This company guarantees a find every time and is a great stop on your way into Asheville. While you are there, be sure to ask the staff what kinds of rocks you have found in your bucket.
- Asheville Outdoor Center– This is a great choice if you are looking for multiple activities for the day without having to travel far. At the center, you can go gem mining, go on a river trip, bike ride, and much more. Choose your type of bucket and have some fun by the river!
As you can see, when you choose to go gem mining in NC, you can have a fun and educational day. In our hills, there are not only gemstones but shells, fossils, and so much more. Going gem mining can be a great educational opportunity for any age. When you do decide to come to our area for gem mining, as well as other fun activities, consider staying with us at Orchard Inn. Our historic B&B is located close to all of these gem mining areas as well as area restaurants and other fun activities. We have rooms as well as cottages for those who like their privacy. Each morning, join everyone in the big house for a delightful breakfast before you start your day. Contact us today and start planning your next big trip to the mountains!
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide today!
Book Direct at Orchard Inn
Do you know the benefits of booking directly through Orchard Inn? Surprisingly, online travel agencies often have fees attached, so you don’t get the best deal. With no hidden fees and great prices, booking online through our website or calling the front desk is the best way to go. Plus, we always have accurate dates and rooms available, so you’ll have complete access to all of our rooms, cottages, and suites!