One thing that the South is known for is our food. When you think about Southern food, you think of a chef who meticulously prepares the menu, carefully selects the ingredients, and cooks dishes that are out of this world. The secret in Southern food is the love and time that is put into each dish. A trend that has completely taken our country by storm is the invasion of the food trucks. Here our Asheville food trucks serve up the most mouth-watering food that you can get your hands on. We at Orchard Inn love great food in all its forms and have put together a list of some of the best Asheville food trucks to visit during your explorations. Come check them out!
When you first think about food trucks, a thought can pop into your head that they are a dodgy stand that you go to as a last resort to fend off the worst kind of hunger. Serving horrible food at best. Well let us avail your fears, these Asheville food trucks are gourmet restaurants on wheels with dedicated staff who love to cook for the masses. Before you head out in search for your next bite to eat, be sure to check out the Asheville Food Trucks site. They have all of the information on the trucks as well as where they might be for the day!
- Belly Up– This food truck is dedicated to tacos, tortas, and burritos and chose that to pay homage to the original food trucks. They pick seasonal items to keep all of the food as fresh as possible. They have their menu online as well as their location.
- Amazing Pizza Co.– When you have the word amazing in your name, you know that their pizza is going to be fantastic. They regularly update their Facebook page with pizzas they are showcasing as well as where they are going to be. They tend to stick with breweries because we all know there is nothing better than pizza and beer.
- Doc Brown’s BBQ– One thing we are known for in the South is our BBQ and none is better than Doc Brown’s. They have meat for meat lovers and Tempeh for those who don’t. You can also find all the sides you could ever want to go with your BBQ. Be sure to have a look at their site where you can see their menu as well as where they are going to be!
- The Real Food Truck– For those of you who are looking to keep your eye on the environment then we suggest The Real Food Truck. They are dedicated to serving grass fed and local food. They describe their menu as eclectic but it is just wonderful. Their site is kept updated with their newest menu items and where they plan on parking.
- Ceci’s Culinary Tour– This food truck can be found each Saturday morning at the North Asheville Tailgate Market and they serve a variety of wonderful things. Items can include dishes like crepes, soups, tamales, empanadas and more. Be sure to have a look at their delicious menu online.
- Appalachian Chic Food Truck– This wonderful food truck uses locally grown Asheville food in every dish. Their menu changes often to reflect what is being grown at the time. They are perfect for lunch as they have snacks and sandwiches and desserts.
- D.O.G.S– This stands for Decrepit Old Geezers Sausages and as you can see they focus on hot dogs and sausages with delicious toppings. Their Facebook page is kept updated regularly so you can see where they will be.
- The Velvet Cup– While all of these Asheville food trucks have been focused on food, one is focused on one of the most popular drinks, coffee. They have many different coffee styles like lattes, mochas, and more. They also have smoothing and donuts too!
- Melt Your Heart– This food truck focuses on making you warm and interesting sandwiches. They enjoy making different kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches. Be sure to check their Facebook page to see where they will be.
- Chef Daddy’s– The last of our Asheville food trucks combines some of our favorite foods, meat, and tacos. They have chicken, brisket, pork belly, and fish tacos. You can see their menu online but their location is best found on Facebook.
As you can see, this is only a fraction of the Asheville food trucks that we have in the area. Having not only great restaurants but amazing food trucks is one of the main reasons why so many people coming to Asheville. When you do come to our area, consider staying with us at Orchard Inn. Our lovely B&B is located close in Saluda. We are easy to access from the highway and our mountain views are breathtaking. We have rooms located in the main house as well as a few cottages for those who enjoy their privacy. Each morning, join us for a hearty and delicious breakfast before starting your day in the mountains. Contact us today and begin planning a fun, and filling trip, to these Asheville food trucks.
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide today!