There are some times in life where you just need to sweep your partner off their feet. A nice gesture like planning a romantic trip can be just the thing for you and your partner. One fantastic place to visit if romance is on your mind is The Orchard Inn. There are so many things to do nearby that’s it’s hard to know where to start. So, we will start with our top 8 romantic things to do in Asheville, NC.
And for all our favorite romantic things to do in Asheville and nearby, be sure to download our Asheville Vacation Guide!
8 Romantic Things to Do in Asheville, NC
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride: Nothing will take away your partner’s breath like seeing the Western North Carolina mountains from the air. Asheville Hot Air Balloons is one of the best companies around to give you a thrill by being so high above the ground. They have an amazing package for couples. A private flight is $600 per couple and includes a delicious bottle of Chateau Biltmore champagne and will last 2.5 hours. They also have sunrise flights for unparalleled views of the Great Smoky Mountains.
2. Take a drive to see area waterfalls: This is one of the most romantic things to do in Asheville, NC. You will need to plan it out though to make sure you see everything that you can. There are many drives to choose from which all vary in length and what you will see. One of the quicker ones that starts in Asheville is one that will take you to DuPont Forest, Looking Glass Falls and Graveyard Fields. Be sure to pick up an area map and bring a picnic because you will love spending your day together in awe of nature.
3. Explore nearby mountains: We are so fortunate to be so close to so many beautiful mountains and be able to explore them, mostly for free. You can hike them or drive them, or a combination of both. One popular choice is to drive/walk/hike along the Blue Ridge Parkway. This iconic parkway can give you some of the best views. Be sure to bring your camera.
4. Take a stroll through art galleries: Asheville has become a haven for artists and they have flooded the city with some amazing pieces from all sorts of mediums. The River Arts District in West Asheville has become quite popular. The artists are friendly and love sharing their craft with passersby. This is one of the top romantic things to do in Asheville, NC because you can take your memories with you in a piece of beautiful art.
5. Take a cooking class together: For many, to win their heart, you go through their stomach. Working together as a team is a romantic thing to do wherever you are. When you have some of the best chefs in the country, this romantic activity becomes one of the most delicious activities as well. There are so many cooking classes being held in and around Asheville, all you need to choose is what type of food you want to cook.
6. Chocolate: Let’s face it, who doesn’t love chocolate? In Asheville, many couples love coming to French Broad Chocolates and have made it one of the most decadent and romantic things to do in Asheville, NC. They have so many options to choose from truffles to chocolate bars and brownies. If you have a sweet tooth, this is the place to go.
7. A casual meal together: One test of time in a couple’s relationship is the ability to just be together. Not needing anything fancy, just happy to be. If you are looking for some casual and delicious food, head over to Early Girl Eatery. They specialize in farm-to-table Southern comfort food. They strive to use what they find from the ground and nearby farms to feed their guests and you can tell that they do it with love.
8. A fancy meal with a scenic view: To make a romantic trip complete you have to have one nice meal out. However, when you stay with us in nearby Saluda, North Carolina, you will not need to go very far for an amazing meal. Our in-house chef (and owner) takes pride in every dish that comes out of the kitchen. Join other guests and locals for a delectable dinner at our Saluda restaurant that will leave you very satisfied.
When you plan a romantic trip to the Western North Carolina mountains, be sure to spend some time in Asheville. While you are here, take advantage of our spa services, which provide a great way to relax during your stay. Contact our staff today to book a romantic trip to see us, or look over our vacation packages to plan your romantic weekend getaway.
Photo by: Frank Kovalchek