If you consider yourself a “foodie” and enjoy culinary events, we suggest making your way to Asheville for a very special weekend in March. The Orchard Inn is excited to announce our new Culinary Extravaganza Weekend! It’s set for March 14th through March 16th, 2014, and it starts at $795 per couple. This incredible all-inclusive culinary experience is not to be missed! Rooms will fill fast, so call (828) 749-5471 to book today!
Here’s a brief summary. For all the details, read below.
Option #1: $795.00
- Italian Themed Wine and Cheese Arrival Reception
- Breakfast on Saturday
- Cooking lesson and Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast on Sunday
- Brunch on Sunday
- 2 nights in a room upstairs
- Lunch and Brunch include 1 glass of Mimosa, MoscaPesca or Wine per person
- Wine reception and Saturday Dinner includes 2 glasses of wine or Prosecco per person
- Taxes and Gratuities Included
- Snacks, Soda, Water, Tea & Coffee Available 24/7 in the Living Room
Option #2: $975.00
- Includes all of the above, plus dinner on Friday with 2 glasses of wine per person
This can only be booked by phone, so call (828) 749-5471 to book your stay!
– – –
All the Details:
We’ll start the weekend off by welcoming you Friday night with an Italian-themed Wine, Cheese and Anitpasto Reception, followed by an optional dinner in our restaurant (menu below).
On Saturday morning, you’ll wake to the fresh smell of coffee and pastries awaiting your enjoyment either on our stunning patio or in our dining room, both with incredible mountain views!
The menu will feature Homemade Granola with fresh Fruit, Greek Yogurt, and freshly baked Scones, followed by…
“Palatschinken” – Austrian Pancakes filled with organic Strawberry Jam, topped with Chocolate and a side of Whipped Cream, or 2 Eggs any way or Mountain Omelet – fresh Vegetables, Ham, Cheese. All with crispy Bacon and English Muffins!
The culinary festivities will continue Saturday afternoon with some hands-on teaching from Marianne on how to prepare an incredible Beef Strudel or Spinach Strudel, accompanied by a salad. Marianne will also teach you how to make braised lamb shanks, which will be served at dinner that evening! Be ready to get your hands dirty as Chef Marianne draws you into the experience! Best of all, lunch includes a Mimosa, MoscaPesca or glass of wine to enjoy!
Afterwards, return to the Inn Saturday evening for a dinner you’ll go home bragging to your friends about! We’ll start with a variety of appetizers and a cheese plate, accompanied by two glasses wine or Prosecco of course! You’ll then have your choice of:
- Braised Lamb Shanks over Risotto
- Local Fresh Mountain Rainbow Trout Almandine with roasted Baby Potatoes, Fresh Asparagus
- Angus Beef Tenderloin with caramelized Onions, roasted Baby Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables
Dinner will be followed by an incredible dessert of Strawberry Nims or Viennese Sacher Torte with homemade Whipped Cream served with coffee.
But that’s not it. Sunday morning, we’ll start you off with another incredible breakfast!
Homemade Granola with Fresh Fruit and Greek Yogurt, Freshly baked Danish followed by:
Baked Orchard Inn French Toast with Pecan Praline Topping or
2 Eggs any way. All above with organic link Sausage.
You’ll enjoy even more time on our beautiful mountaintop location or be able to head into Downtown Saluda for a little exploration on Sunday, then we’ll send you home with one final experience, our famous Sunday Brunch!
- 1 glass of Mimosa, MoscaPesca or Wine per person
- Amuse Bouche – Chef’s Choice; Rosemary Popovers with Honey Butter
- Cup of Soup – Cucumber Mint Choice of:
- Eggs Orchard – poached Eggs with Orchard Inn Crab Cake
- Eggs Rodeo – poached Eggs with Tenderloin
- Eggs Philly – poached Eggs with Cream Cheese, Black Forest Ham (All above with choice of Bacon or Sausage)
- Whisky flambéed Shrimp over Grits
- Grilled Chicken Skewers over Greek Salad
- Corn Beef Brisket with Cabbage and Mashed Potatoes (in honor of St. Patty’s Day!)
Optional Friday Night Dinner Upgrade: $200
Plan to arrive in time for a full dinner? We’d love to have you, and know you’ll love our Pork Tenderloin or Crab Cakes! Dinner includes two glasses of wine or Prosecco.
Organic greens with Cherry Tomatoes, Apples, roasted Sunflower Seeds, Orchard Inn Dressing
Goat Cheese stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary infused Pears, Roasted Baby Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables
Orchard Inn Crab Cakes with Wild Rice Medley, Fresh Asparagus and Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes gratinee
Dessert: Chocolate Mousse Cake or Coup Denmark – Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Blackberry/Cabernet Sorbet with hot Blueberry Sauce and homemade Whipped Cream
Come for a romantic getaway or make it a group event! The elegant intimacy and warm hospitality of the Orchard Inn create the perfect atmosphere for an unforgettable stay in our Asheville area bed and breakfast. Call (828) 749-5471 to reserve your part in the Culinary Extravaganza today!