From the North Carolina Mountain State Fair to horse shows and large scale conferences, the Western North Carolina Agricultural Center in Fletcher NC is always jam-packed with fun for all ages. You can attend everything from trade shows to livestock events. With events big and small, there is something from everyone.
Let’s start with the Mountain State Fair. Held in September in Fletcher NC, it celebrates people, agriculture, art and tradition. The mission is “to create unique experiences at an exceptional value in a safe, clean environment that is accessible to all.” Tickets to the event are just $8! It’s $4 for children 6 to 12-years-old and $4 for seniors 65 and older. Children under 5 receive free admission. We recommend the Family Fun Pack, which includes five admission tickets, four ride tickets and vendor coupons. The NC Mountain State Fair celebrated 20 years in 2013 with record-breaking attendance, and is expected to be even bigger this year. The 20th annual fair entertained 191,596 people at the 10-day attraction. That’s the highest turnout since 2007. Make sure you attend the 2014 event in Fletcher NC. It starts on September 5th and runs through the 14th.
But there are many more events taking place in 2014. In fact, here’s the full schedule. They will take place in the McGough Arena, Davis Event Center, Expo Building, Boone Building, Livestock Sales Arena, or on the Fairgrounds.
- The Morris L. “Mac” McGough Arena is a heated 65,000-square foot, fully-enclosed indoor show facility. It seats up to 3,000 people!
- The Davis Event Center has 45,000-square feet of clear span exhibit space. It features meeting rooms and hospitality suites. It’s also air conditioned. The Davis Event Center is a great location for trade shows and conventions, because it can hold up to 3,700 attendees at once.
- Speaking of exhibits, the Expo Building has 27,750-square feet of concrete exhibit space, ample free parking and two private offices.
- The Virginia C. Boone Mountain Heritage Building is truly adorable. It has a catering kitchen, offices and a PA system!
- You’ll also have to see the Livestock Sales Arena, which seats up to 500. With small livestock panels and a milking parlor, you’re sure to see something you’ll always remember.
In addition, the Western North Carolina Agricultural Center has 603 permanent stalls and 271 portable stalls under permanent roofing. Combine that with three outdoor warmup rings and a covered warmup ring adjacent to McGough Arena and you have one impressive facility!
But if you’re not into the great outdoors, how about some shopping? Coming up soon in Fletcher NC is a Wee Trade Consignment Sale on February 15-16 and February 21-22. You can shop strollers, nursery furniture, clothing and toys. It’s all about families helping families, but there will also be maternity items, women’s shoes, handbags and accessories. Last but not least, you can catch Indoor Motorcross on January 31 and February 1 and a Mountain RV, Boat and Recreation Show from February 7-9, 2014.
With all of these great events, we’ll be surprised if something doesn’t strike your fancy. If you’d like to visit Fletcher NC, we at the Orchard Inn would be happy to help you plan your trip! Consider staying with us at our Asheville area bed and breakfast. No matter where you start, the Orchard Inn is the perfect destination. Click here to view our rooms and rates.
Photo courtesy of: WNC Agricultural Center